A few things you can do to make your Ramadan better, By S N Smith
* Solidify your niyah and tell yourself you are going to do the best you
can during this month.
* Attend the Mosque at least once a day, especially Ishaa and taraweeh
* Increase the amount of your dua, dhikr and nawafal salat.
* Try to take at least a few days off from work if you can and devote that
time to ibadah and other acts of charity.
* Be patient with people. And if you have any hard feelings toward anyone,
just let it go as it is not important in the larger context.
* Be in a perpetual state of tawbah.
* When you lose your wudu immediately remake it, if you can.
* Eat a little at iftar time so that you can go for night prayers, and if
you are still hungry then eat some more when you get back home.
* Increase the amount of charity you give, especially to those in need.
Food banks always need donations. And don’t forget to support your local
* Read extra amounts of Quran, read good religious books from knowledgeable
and pious scholars and listen to uplifting Islamic lectures as much as you
* Whatever you decide to do, even if it is little, be consistent in it.
Don’t bite off more than you can chew.